Monday, January 30, 2012

Days 29, 30, and 31

Day 29: So here's some more puppy love! Figaro is getting cuter by the day. He has really come into himself in the last couple of days, we were worried he'd be really sad without his mom and siblings but he is fitting in really well here. He sleeps a lot but when he's awake he really loves to play. He and Jude get along famously, they love to run around together. Figaro's sharp little puppy teeth are really longing for things to chew on. He found this old toy ball of Jude's and just loves it. He also has a rope that we bought him that he is very fond of. He eats like a horse! Jude loves to "dump" his food from the measuring cup into the dish. It's an exciting new experience.

Day 30: So today Jude's little cough has gotten worse. We always worry with a cough because they can lead to lung infections and we don't want his little lungs to colonize any bacteria. With a kid without CF, we might go longer before hitting the antibiotics but with Jude we are a little more aggressive. We want to knock out whatever is causing this cough. We have a new antibiotic on board this time, Keflex. He's never been on this one before and I already hate it because it has to be given FOUR times a day!! Holy cow. It smells awful but he doesn't seem to mind the taste. It is apparently cherry, but I don't see the resemblance. Hopefully we'll be able to tell in the next couple of days if this new medicine is doing him any good. I hate to see my little guy sick. But I do have to mention, that he does not appear sick. He's still running around acting like his crazy self, just with a little cough. I'll keep you posted.

Day 31: In a former life, I was a band teacher. Also, as part of my music teacher duties in the public school I taught at, I was required to teach guitar as well. I am NOT a guitar player but I do have enough skills to teach basic guitar. This is a Juglet that I teach every other week. She is super smart and catches on really quickly. We had a lesson this morning and she allowed me to take her picture. We've been doing lessons for a few months now but I think it probably won't be long before she outgrows me and moves on to someone with a little more guitar talent.












No comments:

Post a Comment