Thursday, January 5, 2012

Days 4 & 5

Day 4
Today I set to work on a project for my niece. I've been wanting to make her a new dress and I bought this flower fabric specifically for it but then I couldn't find a pattern I liked. There is a really cute tunic pattern on the Made By Rae website that I just loved and she has made it into a dress so I bought the pattern. I'm going to start with the tunic and if that turns out well, I'm going to try to adapt it into a dress. I was going strong when all of the sudden my iron crapped out. I guess I should have been expecting this as I bought the iron when I was in college, sometime between 1997 and 2001. It was a cheap one and I guess they don't last forever. But, for now, the project is on hold until I can get another iron! Here is a pic of the work in progress.




Day 5
Here's a quick pic of my future architect. He will build a tower out of anything! This was just before we hit the produce section where he decided to take a bite out of the cucumber and then lick the bell peppers. All while saying "yum, yum"! What am I going to do with this kid?!

No comments:

Post a Comment