Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Days 1 & 2

Because I just came up with the idea for this blog this morning, I have a little bit of catching up to do. Here are my pictures from the first two days of 2012!

January first brought with it my first sewing project of the year. Jude is really into helping me take pictures these days. He was a willing participant in photographing this blanket I made for a friend. This blanket is minky on one side and the owl cotton on the other. This was my first experience working with minky and I think I have a little bit of practicing to do. I read up on it after I made this blanket and I have some ideas as to what to try next time to make it a little more even!

The second day of January brought more sewing! It was so nice to have my husband home on this lovely Monday that I was able to get a little sewing done without having to worry about Jude. Last time I tried to sew while Jude was awake he managed to overturn the computer chair and fall head first into the tv stand causing a nasty bruise on his head and more crying on my part than his! Today I decided to sew up this years flannel pj pants for Jude. He loved his "robot pants" from last year and while they still fit his tiny waist, they were WAY too short. This year I bought some Spiderman fabric (mostly because daddy likes superheros) and sewed them up! I left the bottoms unhemmed to make sure they fit and guess what? To my surprise they were perfect without a hem. They are just serged on the bottom but since he won't really be wearing them out of the house, it'll have to do! He loves them and wanted to wear them again this morning. He says "I wike it!" You can also see him chomping on Jason's first attempt at homemade bread. Jude loved it and commandeered my piece as well as his!

Two days and two sewing projects down!! I can't wait to get back in there. I just got three wool sweaters from Goodwill this weekend to make into longies for both Jude and Violet but I have to felt them before any sewing can begin. Keep an eye out for these!

No comments:

Post a Comment