Monday, March 12, 2012

March 2-4

I'm going to post about March 2-4 as one post instead of four because it really was a whole weekend of events. A little background... About two years ago I was invited to a game night with three other women. Jude was about a month old and I was eager to get out and do something even though he'd be coming with me. The game night happened to be at my midwife's apprentice's house. In attendance were my midwife Leigh, her apprentice Erika, and a friend of theirs, Nicole. Since then I don't refer to them by their professional titles, just as my friends, or actually my Jugs.

Somewhere along the way we decided to name our group and Jugs was what we came
up with. Check out this post from my friend Erika's blog, she has a better way with words than do I. So over the last couple of years we've evolved. We've lost one Jug (other obligations) and gained a few more. Right now we are up to 6 local Jugs and 3 long distance Jugs. One
of the long distance Jugs, Joelle, is moving here soon and we are very excited.

Anyway, this weekend it was planned for us to have a Jugs baby shower and weekend
extravaganza. Both Nicole and I are due about the same time with our second babies, actually our due dates are only a day apart but chances are good that she'll go early and I'll be late so the Juglets will probably be born in different months! Joelle actually just had a baby a couple months ago and we weren't able to celebrate with her. So, the blessing shower was for the three of us! It was really fun and very entertaining. Joelle and Erika (two of our long distance Jugs) were able to come to Charlotte for the weekend. Unfortunately, Christine was not (she is all the way in Portland OR)! Here are some pics from the weekend!!

These are the hats I made for Nicole and Joelle's babies!
These are the babylegs to go with the hats.

Here is a picture of our cake, you can't have a Jugs party without boobs rig
ht??
Doesn't every baby shower include having the pregnant women arm wrestle for a prize?
The guests of honor, I look HUGE in this dress =) (and a little pale)
All my Jugs!
It was a fabulous weekend, I can't wait to meet the new Juglets. It won't be long now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment