Saturday, February 11, 2012

Feb 7, 8 and 9

Feb 7th: For the first time since he was born, my baby is leaving to go on a trip without me. We've never spent more than about 12 hours apart. I don't know what I'm going to do without him. He and Jason are going to Florida for 6 days to visit Jason's parents. This is a trip that we take annually in February or March but this year I didn't feel like I would be very comfortable in a car for 9 hours each way so I decided to stay home. Plus, we have the new puppy so that was another reason to stay behind. I cried when they pulled out of the driveway at 4am. I'm in for an interesting few days.

Feb 8th: Well, my baby has been gone for a little less than a day and I miss him terribly but I must go on with my regularly scheduled day. Today is my 32 week midwifery appointment. I've now started my every two week visits. Violet is measuring right on track and her heartbeat is good. I'm enjoying this part of pregnancy but I'm getting bigger by the day! Here is my latest belly shot!

Feb 9th: I've been looking forward to this day since Christmas! Jason got me a gift certificate for a house cleaning. I decided to wait until they would be out of town to use it. That would give the cleaners a more quiet home and give me a chance to declutter before they get here. I was so excited about getting my baseboards cleaned. The ladies got here at 8:30 and Figaro and I headed out to get the oil changed and the car inspected. I have to say that when I came inside to inspect my clean house I was severely disappointed. For the amount the gift card cost, the job was rather shoddy. Some of my baseboards hadn't even been touched. I plan to call the office of this service and complain. I will update later. BTW, I meant to get a picture of the car all decked out in purple and pink (the cleaning service car, not mine =), but I was in such a hurry to see my newly cleaned home that I forgot =(


No comments:

Post a Comment